In our digital age, emails play an important role in communication every day. Microsoft has created a unique file extension called EML, which is used by various email clients like Apple Mail, Entourage, Eudora Mail, eM Client, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, and many more to store messages.
If you’ve ever come across an EML file on your computer and wondered how to open it, you’re not alone ; lots of users are looking for the same. Although these files may seem complex to open with at first glance, they are relatively easy once you understand how to perform it.
In this informative post, we provide step-by-step instructions to learn the process of opening an EML file using different methods and tools.
How To Import An EML File?
There are various techniques to open an EML file, depending on the tool available to you. We’ll dive into four different techniques, each tailored to a different set of tools: MS Outlook, Internet Explorer, Notepad, and specialized SysTools EML to PST Converter.
Method: 1. Way To Open An EML File In Outlook?
MS Outlook is one of the most widely used email clients for email content including the original format and attachments. This approach assumes that you have already Installed MS Outlook on your system.
- Tap on the EML file and right-click on the EML file.
- Then open and choose Outlook.
- Now the EML file will open in Outlook.
Method2. Way To Import An EML File In Browser?
If you don’t have access to an email client like Outlook, you can still open EML files with Internet Explorer.
- Click on the EML file as you wish to open it.
- Right-click on your chosen EML file and give it a specific name.
- Delete the type and the EML file type. MHT then press enter.
- A name change screen will appear, press the yes option.
- Right-click on the converted file and press open.
- Then choose a browser to view and manage EML files.
Method 3. Way To Open An EML File In Notepad
If your system does not have MS Outlook or any browser. Then you can use Notepad to open EML files. It’s a quick and easy way to open basic email details, but it doesn’t let you access hyperlinks, attachments, and images.
- Choose the EML file and right-click on it.
- Tap the rename option to continue.
- Remove the type and the EML type. TXT extension.
- The Rename popup will appear and press the Yes button.
- Double-click on the rename file and you will be able to access the EML file in Notepad.
Method 4. Way To Open An EML File Using Third-Party Software?
If you are looking for a simple process to open an EML file and convert it to different file extensions. If you can’t find a more suitable tool, please choose SysTools EML Converter. This comprehensive application not only provides the process of opening your EML files but also converts them to your preferred file extension. This software is specially created to convert single or multiple EML files without facing huge challenges.
- Download the software on your system and then launch it.
- Browse the EML files and open them in the software interface.
- Choose the file format in the list of export options.
- Lastly, set the destination of the result and then hit export to get the output instantly.
Other Prominent Features Of Using Automated Software
- It protected the mailbox data hierarchy in the same way as the original. Furthermore, PST File Converter offers complete security to prevent any changes during the process.
- This software is very simple to perform without having deep technical knowledge.
- You can also convert EML to PDF, PST, MBOX, TXT, HTML, and many more export options.
- You can also take advantage of the filter feature to convert specific data and also useful to avoid unwanted files.
- There is no need to download other software to complete the process.
Sum It Up
In this informative guide, we have shared almost all the essential knowledge that is required to open an EML file. In general, we can conclude this by saying that EML files are the most popular file extension that allows storing email, contacts, calendars, and other mailbox items. Therefore, in this post, we have provided 4 different ways to open an EML file. As you can see, you can easily open EML files with third-party software and convert them to any preferred file format. It is one of the perfect options to open and convert single or multiple EML files, saving time and effort.
Also Discussed: How Do I Open An Old Version Of MDB File In SQL Server?