“I was working on the QuickBooks application, and while updating my QuickBooks payroll software, my screen suddenly flashed QuickBooks error message 15240.” Do you also relate to this situation? Are you facing this update error 15240 in QuickBooks as well? If yes, don’t panic; we have prepared this blog to help you troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 15240.
From an outdated QuickBooks payroll application to issues with the Windows registry, multiple factors can result in QuickBooks update errors. Moreover, users receive an error message at the time of update failure reading, “Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully. File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that another program is not using it. Internet connection error: unknown error.” If you’re also receiving the same text, you should continue reading and learn how to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 15240.
How Can You Learn About QuickBooks Error 15240 Attack?
The following signs can make you learn about the attack of QuickBooks error 15240 in your application.
- Of course, with an attack of error code 15240 in QuickBooks, you won’t be able to work on your updates anymore.
- Once your application catches the payroll update error 15240, your system will start crashing or freezing.
- The sluggish and poor Windows performance is another noticeable sign of the error code 15240 in QuickBooks.
- One of the most prominent signs of this payroll update error is the continuous flashing of QuickBooks error message 15240.
Also, read this blog : Everything you wanted to ask about a flat roof | Empire Construction NY
What Makes QuickBooks Update Error 15240 to Occur?
Multiple systems, network connectivity, and QuickBooks application issues can result in QuickBooks update error 15240. We have briefly mentioned all the major ones in the below section. Continue reading to know the actual roots of the error.
- As mentioned above, the Windows registry issue is one of the most common reasons for QuickBooks update failures.
- You also won’t be able to download the latest QuickBooks payroll updates if your current QuickBooks version is outdated.
- The corrupted or partial QuickBooks software installation also contributes to the QuickBooks update error 15240.
- In case your Internet Explorer security settings are configured incorrectly, you may face QuickBooks payroll update issues.
- Make sure you have correctly set the date and time on your computer system; otherwise, it could also lead to payroll update issues in the QuickBooks application.
- If you have accidentally or mistakenly removed the QuickBooks application files essential to download the new application updates, you may receive QuickBooks error message 15240.
- Ensure you run the QuickBooks single-user mode while installing the latest QuickBooks payroll updates. If you’re using a multi-user mode to install the updates, you will receive QuickBooks error code 15240.
- Poor or unstable internet connectivity is another responsible factor for the QuickBooks update issue. Of course, if you’re downloading the latest updates, the internet connection must be strong enough.
How to Quickly Troubleshoot QuickBooks Update Error 15240?
This section will make you learn the easiest and quickest ways to troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 15240. Just continue implementing the methods with the given instructions.
Troubleshooting Solution 1 – Give Permission Access to QuickBooks Installation Folder
If your QuickBooks installation folder has no permission to download the latest updates, there will surely be problems while updating the QuickBooks payroll application. So, follow the given procedure and give the required permission access.
- Firstly, close your QuickBooks application program, and all the related windows open on your computer system.
- In the next step, open your Windows File Manager and continue to follow the C:\Program Files\ folder path. Once you have located this, right-click the Intuit folder.
- Continue to this, select the Properties option, and click the Advanced tab.
- Now, check whether the User group is set as owner or not. Following this, navigate to the Advanced Security Settings section.
- From here, click the Change left to the owner alternative, and move to the Enter the object name to select the section.
- Here, you must type the User names followed by hitting the Check names option.
- In this step, select the OK button followed by tick-marking the Users checkbox. Further, click the Full Control button and hit the Apply plus Ok options to end this procedure successfully.
Troubleshooting Solution 2 – Check and Correct the Wrong Date and Time Settings of your System
As we have discussed, if you haven’t set your computer system’s date and time correctly, the update issues will definitely come before you. So, follow the given procedure to correct the incorrect settings and troubleshoot QuickBooks update error 15240.
- Firstly, you must click the Date and Time icon available in the bottom right corner of your computer’s screen.
- Now, here, you need to ensure that the date and time settings are set correctly. If these settings are incorrect, click the Change date and time settings.
- After this, you must click the Change date and time option again and continue to make the changes to correct the date and time settings.
- Finally, your last step is to hit the Apply button and continue to download the latest QuickBooks payroll updates.
- If you still face QuickBooks error 15240, follow the next procedure to eliminate the issue.
Troubleshooting Solution 3 – Run QuickBooks Desktop Application with Admin Account
In case you are not logged in to your QuickBooks Desktop application as an administrator, you can surely face QuickBooks error code 15240. Thus, we have given the instructions below to make you run your QuickBooks application with admin rights. Follow the directions:
- Start this procedure by first closing your QuickBooks application and its related windows on your computer system.
- In the next step, click the Windows Start button, and in the Search Programs and Files bar, search for the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Once you find the QuickBooks application results, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop application icon.
- Now, select the Run as administrator option, and continue to download the latest QuickBooks payroll updates.
On the Whole..!
Hopefully, this well-informed and easy guide has taught you how to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 15240. However, we understand you may face issues in the above-mentioned technical troubleshooting processes. If it’s so, contact our professional team via Live Chat Support.