If you are looking for the perfect way to get data from OST file in Outlook. Then in this post, we will explain the best recommended solution to export data from OST files in Outlook using OST to PST Converter.
Users cannot directly open or view offline Exchange OST files in Outlook as Outlook only supports importing PST files into Outlook. The OST file is automatically created when you set up an IMAP account with Outlook, and then it will be automatically saved to your local drive. That allows you to access email offline when you’re not connected to the Internet.
Why Do Users Want to Export Data From An OST File In Outlook?
- Exchange server downtime.
- When users want to migrate their old account to a newer profile.
- OST file unmounted from the server.
How to Get Data from an OST File In Outlook Via Manual Approach?
If you are the owner of the Exchange profile and have an active Outlook profile. Then you can opt for the Outlook import/export option to finish this process easily. Let us know the process as we have mentioned below:
- Open Outlook and then tap on the archive feature.
- After that, choose open and export, then select import/export.
- Find Export to a file in the list of export options and then press the Next button.
- Now, click on the Outlook data file and then hit the next option again.
- Browse to the folder or subfolder of the mailbox you want to export.
- Finally, choose a path for the resulting data and then hit finish to get the output instantly.
Why Should Users Avoid Manual Technique?
- It required a lot of free time and a very complex process.
- Users must have advanced technical skills to complete the process.
- This manual technique is not capable of converting orphaned, unmounted, or damaged OST files.
- The data can be exported, but most of it will be lost in the mailbox part.
- Outlook installation and an active profile are required to perform this process.
How to Export Data from An OST File In Outlook Via a Professional Approach?
As you can see, there are many risks and restrictions available in the manual technique. Therefore, we recommend you go for Bitrecover OST Converter which is a great choice and is specially designed to convert single or multiple OST files without facing huge size challenges. This wizard is specially programmed with advanced algorithms to get accurate results without suffering from any data leaks.
- Download and open the wizard on your Windows computer.
- Find the OST file and upload it in the software panel.
- Press the PST file format in the list of selected savings.
- Lastly, choose a location for the resulting file and then hit convert to get the output immediately.
Other Prominent Features Of Using Alternative Solutions
- It kept the mailbox data hierarchy the same as it was before the conversion.
- This solution can be easily used by all types of professional and home users.
- It also allows the recovery and conversion of orphaned, corrupted, and oversized OST files with this application.
- You can also take advantage of a filter option to convert specific data based on date range, subject, sender, recipients, etc.
- There is no need to download other wizards to complete the solution.
Time to Wrap Up
In this post, we explain the dual approach to getting data from an OST file in Outlook. We have also discussed the reasons behind different approaches to exporting OST files in Outlook. Now we can conclude that the manual technique has several drawbacks and disadvantages. Therefore, it is suggested that you go for a reliable alternative solution as we have discussed in the past to restore the OST file in Outlook, and convert into PST and easily import it any Outlook profile or account without any hassle.