Throughout this article, we will discuss how to archive Gmail inbox by date range. In this article, we will share two methods: one manual and one automated. So without further ado, let us dive right into the article.
Is your Gmail storage full after deleting emails? Archival is the solution. A clean inbox is well appreciated by all users, but when inboxes tend to fill with emails over time, it becomes an overwhelming experience for users. Not only does it hinder the smooth filtration of important emails but can also cause accidental deletion. Hence, we are here with two different solution that you can use to archive your Gmail inbox emails by date range.
Where the first method is a manual procedure, the second method, on the other hand, is an automated utility backed by countless technical experts. So, let’s move further and see which method is best suite for you.
Manually Archive Gmail Inbox Emails by Date
- Open your Gmail account in your default browser.
- In the search bar, input the following command (in:inbox before:2023/03/30). You can enter any preferred date in this command.
- Upon doing so, press Enter and Gmail will filter out emails before the provided date for you.
- Now, from the appeared results, check the boxes for the emails you wish to archive.
- Lastly, click on Archive and the selected emails will be transferred from your Inbox folder of Gmail.
Drawbacks of the Manual Solution
- Archiving emails using this method does not affect the storage of emails. This is because the archived emails are transferred to the All Mail folder and still occupy the Gmail account storage space.
- Using this solution, the selected emails are not backed up on your local drive and hence, are still prone to accidental deletion.
- The emails you archive using manual method are not deleted automatically like the ones in the Trash Bin folder. One has to manually delete the unnecessary archived emails.
- One needs to know the correct technical commands to perform the manual archival of emails. If not done correctly, you may lose all your email data.
Expert Way to Archive Gmail Emails
It is no doubt that processes like email archival should always be done with extreme caution. Therefore, we have brought you the solution recommended by countless technical professionals, i.e., Corbett Gmail Backup Tool. This splendid utility is proficient in archiving Gmail emails by date in a secure and hassle-free manner. The tool provides its users with a myriad of features that make it a rare find these days. Moreover, this software can be used on any Windows machine without any difficulty as it is compatible with all versions of the Windows Operating System.
Steps to Archive Gmail Inbox by Date Using the Professional Utility
- Download and launch the utility on your Windows system.
- Click Open >> Email Accounts >> Add Account.
- Enter your Gmail account username and App Password in the required fields.
- Once done, the tool will load your Gmail mailbox in the preview panel.
- Click Export and select the PDF format from the provided option in the dropdown menu.
- At last, apply the preferred advanced filters and click on the Save button.
So this is a quick tutorial on archiving Gmail inbox emails by date using the professionally recommended tool. Unlike the manual method, this method actually backs up your Gmail emails and save them on local drive which ultimately protects them from accidental deletion as well.
So There You Have It
In this article, we discussed how to archive Gmail inbox by date. We shared a manual solution as well as an automated solution recommended by experts. Unfortunately, the manual solution comes with a plethora of hindrances and limitations which make it an unappealing choice for users. Hence, technical professionals recommend users go for the above-mentioned automated utility.