Have you ever wonder what is the most primary and important thing to have you to study in Australia? Is it PTE, IELTS or TOEFL scores, LORs or SOPs, or GPAs? While these are important, there is even much important and primary thing – a student visa. Without it, your dreams of studying in Australia may remain just dreams.
Australia has become a top choice for international students, but to make it happen, you will need an Australian student visa. This extremely important document will grant you the opportunity to study at your dream university, work part-time, and more, all within the course duration.
However, before you jump into the visa application process, it is important to be well-informed about every detail. You should know different types of visas available, the benefits you can enjoy, the requirements, and most importantly, the best migration consultant in Adelaide who can do the job for you.
That is where our blog comes in! We are here to help you go through all the necessary information regarding applying for a student visa and finding the best migration consultant.
Applying for a Student Visa
Step 1: Selecting the Right Visa Subclass
Before beginning the application process, it is important to know the visa subclass that suits your educational objectives. The two primary visa subclasses available for international students in Australia are:
- Subclass 500 – Student Visa: This visa allows you to study full-time in a registered Australian educational institution for a recognized qualification.
- Subclass 590 – Student Guardian Visa: If you are a parent or legal guardian accompanying a student under 18 years old, this visa subclass is suitable for you.
Step 2: Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a student visa, you must fulfil certain requirements, including:
- Enrolment in a Course: You must have an offer of enrolment or a valid Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) from a registered Australian educational institution.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement: You must prove that you genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily to study.
- Financial Capacity: You need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and potential additional costs.
- English Language Proficiency: Depending on your course and country of origin, you may need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency through tests like PTE, IELTS, or TOEFL.
- Health and Character Requirements: You must meet the necessary health and character standards set by the Australian government.
Step 3: Prepare Required Documents
To submit a complete visa application, you will need to gather the following essential documents:
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): This document confirms your acceptance into a registered Australian educational institution.
- Passport: A valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Proof of Financial Capacity: Bank statements, sponsorship letters, or scholarship documents to prove your financial capability.
- English Language Proficiency Certificates: PTE, IELTS, or TOEFL scores to satisfy the English language requirements.
- Health Insurance: Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) to cover your healthcare expenses while in Australia.
- GTE Statement: A well-articulated statement explaining your genuine intention to study in Australia.
Step 4: Online Application Submission
Once you have gathered all the necessary documents, it is time to submit your application through the Department of Home Affairs website.
Step 5: Health Examination and Biometrics
After submitting your application, you may be required to undergo a health examination from a designated panel physician.
Step 6: Visa Decision and Notification
The Department of Home Affairs will assess your application based on the provided information and documents. If everything is in order, you will receive a visa grant notification or vice versa.
Finding the Best Migration Consultant in Adelaide
1. Qualifications and Registered Migration Agent (RMA)
It is important to ensure that the registered migration consultant you choose is qualified and registered with the relevant authorities. Choosing an RMA ensures that you are working with a professional who has the necessary knowledge and expertise.
2. Experience and Track Record
A consultant with extensive experience is more likely to handle complex situations, anticipate potential challenges, and offer innovative solutions tailored to your specific circumstances.
3. Client Testimonials and Reviews
Client testimonials and online reviews can give you valuable insights into the consultant’s reputation and past clients’ experiences.
4. Services Offered
Consider the range of services provided by the migration consultant in Adelaide. A consultant who offers a comprehensive service portfolio can cater to your specific migration needs and provide tailored solutions.
Applying for a student visa for Australia may seem like a complex process, but with Asia Pacific Group, you can navigate through it successfully. With our proper guidance, you can start on your educational journey in Australia with confidence and excitement.