QuickBooks error Code 15420 is an error of the 15XXX series that appears when downloading the QuickBooks Desktop or the latest payroll tax table update. Because of this, you may not be able to complete the installation of the downloaded update file, or some internet connection error will freeze some features of QB.
The main reason behind this error is the failure to verify digital signature by QuickBooks, but there can also be other factors. To get help installing the QB update successfully, follow the guide below.
This guide contains the possible causes and applicable solutions to rectify the ongoing update error. If you don’t want to handle the technical work alone, we are available to help you. Contact our customer support team on +1(855)-738-0359
Factors that Triggers Update Error 15420 in QuickBooks
Below, we are mentioning the possible factors that can trigger Error 15420 QuickBooks desktop and interrupt the QuickBooks update. Let’s get familiar with these factors:
- The QuickBooks installation files are either damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks isn’t able to verify the digital signature certificate of the company/QB file.
- You are utilizing an out-of-date QuickBooks version.
- Admin user accesses or permissions are not provided to QuickBooks.
Read More – QuickBooks Desktop XML Error
Step-by-Step Solutions to Rectify the QuickBooks Error Code 15420
We are mentioning some solutions below that will help you eliminate error code 15420 and download the update successfully. Follow each step carefully:
Solution 1: Install the QuickBooks Desktop Again
Step 1: Uninstall QuickBooks
- On the keyboard, click the Windows icon.
- In the search bar of the Windows home screen, type ‘Control Panel’ and click on Open to launch it.
- Click on Program and Features and further select Uninstall a Program.
- Now, a list will open up; from there, select the version of QuickBooks you want to uninstall.
- Right-click on the QB file and choose Uninstall.
Step 2: Install the QuickBooks Again
- Now, download the QuickBooks file from Intuit and install it.
- When the installation is done, it will automatically create the new folders and give a new name to the old ones.
Solution 2: Get the Digital Signature Certificate
- Open the File Explorer, go to the C drive, and move to the Program Files.
- Search for QuickBooks’ data file QBW32.exe.
- You can find the file by simply following the path: C\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Now right-click on the QBW32.exe file and select Properties.
- Further, click on Digital Signature. Now verify Intuit is selected in the list.
- Click on Details to get the certificate on your computer.
- Select View Certificate from the open Digital Signature Details window.
- Click on the Install Certificate button.
- When Finish is displayed, click Next and then Finish.
- Finally, give a restart to your computer and update QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Download the QB Update as an Administrator
- Exit the open company files and then QuickBooks as well.
- Now find the QB icon on the computer’s home screen, right-click, and select ‘Run as an Administrator.’
- Click on Yes when asked, ‘Do you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer?‘.
- Now, update the QuickBooks Desktop to its newest release.
We hope the provided solutions are enough to eliminate QuickBooks error 15420. If the error still occurs, that means QuickBooks has some internal errors. You must consult QB professionals, dial +1(855)-738-0359, and contact our customer support team to fix those errors.
Recommended To Read: Quickbooks Error 12152