Technology is impacting every industry, and its biggest positive influence has been seen in the education sector. The evolution of technology has brought a revolution to the education industry. During the time of lockdowns, the need for a hybrid model of education came to light. It eventually led to the expansion of the e-learning market and the rise of education app development services. The days when only schools used to be the means of education are bygone. Now, digitalisation has made learning easier, more affordable, and more accessible to all. The education app development company is growing rapidly with increasing demand for mobile learning apps. This article will walk you through the different aspects of mobile learning apps.
Trends Of Mobile Learning Market
The education sector is the main pillar that supports the development and growth of the nation. The mobile learning market size is estimated to grow from USD 60.97 billion in 2023 to USD 184.42 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 24.78%. Prior to the pandemic, ed-tech startups were struggling to thrive in the market due to a lack of audience and funding. But today, there are many tech companies available in the market that are successfully running their businesses while educating lakhs of students.
Positive Impact of Online Education
The e-learning model is beneficial not only for students but also for their teachers. Students can easily access all the e-learning solutions through mobile learning apps. Both edtech tools and edtech players are improving the educational system and changing the future of our country. Here are some major benefits of online education that are redefining the measures of learning.
- For the best future of their children, parents are required to invest a fortune in their education, but many parents can’t afford to pay such high administrative fees for schools and colleges. The advancement and development of eLearning app development solutions have successfully resolved this problem. Now, different types of learning programs are readily available on various mobile learning apps with minimal charges and even for free. As experts in the particular field craft all the courses, there is no compromise on quality in these programs.
- The issue with the traditional classroom system is that if a student misses a class for a day or more for any reason, they risk falling behind the rest of the class. However, the worry of missing out on important lectures and notes has vanished thanks to technological advancement. Students can get easy access to their notes, timetable, grades, textbooks, and even the classroom environment digitally with the help of IoT devices and cloud-based software.
- Multiple mobile learning apps have been developed that help students ask doubts from teachers without hesitation. Some school systems use tools or apps with advanced features that allow parents to see their child’s growth.
- Edtech has opened up doors of learning for all those people who are eager to learn despite their age, financial status and other problems. Online Education has given people the right to education in its truest sense.
- It promotes personalised learning that helps educators craft a learning plan for each of their students based on their strengths, skills, interests, and prior knowledge. It breaks the conventional “one fit for all” plan that is prevalent in many schools or institutes. Video content tools like YouTube or learning apps provide students with the feature of rewinding and repeating, which helps them grasp and understand the concept at their own pace.
- Instead of taking stress-inducing tests to measure academic performance, teachers are now using apps to consistently measure the overall aptitude of students.
- Interactive smartboards and other tech tools make learning interesting, and now students no longer have to sit through boring lectures while half asleep. Animated videos and a good explanatory PowerPoint presentation allow learners to understand the concept better, which even saves teachers time and energy.
- Thanks to edtech, teachers or educators are freeing up and moving into more facilitator roles. Gamifying problem-solving and introducing interactive AI through learning apps in classrooms are the best innovative examples that boost productivity and make learning enjoyable.
Negative Impact Of Online Education
It is undeniable that learning apps have upgraded education and made it simple and flexible; however, it is also influencing students unfavourably. Now let’s look at a few of the negative effects of the online learning platforms:
- Edtech tools and apps are making students very sluggish. Instead of using their own knowledge and creativity, they became dependent on the devices or learning platforms to complete their assignment. And this habit can jeopardise their future.
- It is observed that the level of distraction among students has increased with the use of Laptops and tablets in classrooms. Rather than paying attention in class, the majority of students are found scrolling through social media platforms.
- When children surf the Internet, they can easily run into invalid or inappropriate content that can be very dangerous for their budding minds. Parents and teachers must impose strict restrictions on students when it comes to using technology.
- The trend towards online education is affecting the physical and mental health of students. Spending hours and hours sitting in front of a screen is creating health problems like bad eyesight, headaches, bad body posture, obesity, etc.
- Today, excessive use of technology has hindered the interpersonal growth of students. Mental health issues like depression, stress and anxiety among students are increasing day by day because, instead of socialising and discussing their problems, they prefer to stay isolated with their gadgets most of the time.
- More often, students face technical issues such as disruption in audio, video and connectivity issues while learning online. Due to such inconsistent performance of the apps, students find it difficult to focus on learning.
The influx of technology has provided students with the leisure of learning at any time, anywhere. Even though it makes learning easy, we should remember that excessive use of the internet and gadgets can have a harmful impact. The ultimate goal of education is to ensure the overall growth of students. The education system should be improved in such a way that it can prepare students for any challenges, whether they are related to their professional or personal lives. If you want to be a part of this change for helping students then making a mobile learning app would be an expert thing to do. You can hire an experienced education software app development company to develop a robust educational platform that can transform the lives of thousands of students.