Gallstones are tiny, hard deposits that are found inside our gallbladder. This is emerging out as the most common issue inside everybody. In fact, some of us need to consult the Best Urologist in Punjab. They can only check the presence of gallstones inside us.
Gallstones are formed by cholesterol and bilirubin. They block the bile from going to the small intestine from the gallbladder. This causes major problems in our body, which can be treated by the Best Urologist in Ludhiana effectively.
In this article, you will get to know about the types of gallstones, the infections they cause and how they can be treated. We will also see the reasons for the formation of these stones.
Types of Gallstones
Cholesterol, pigment and mixed stones are the three types of gallstones The former forms when there is excess cholesterol in our body. Pigment stones form very rarely when your bilirubin levels exceed beyond limits. The third stone is a mix of both cholesterol and bilirubin.
Gallstones can also be found in bile ducts. This condition is known as Choledocholithiasis.
This disease brings complications like pancreatitis, gallbladder inflammation, blockage of bile duct and some other infections. You will also need to get your gallbladder removed if it gets too extreme.
Who are at the risk of gallstone formation
- People suffering from obesity
- People undertaking unhealthy diet
- People who undergoing rapid weight loss programs
- Pregnant women
- Individuals above the age of 40
- People with family history of gallstones
How Is Diagnosis Done
Urologists diagnose gallstone infections with the help of ultrasound, MRI, CT Scans and blood tests. Blood tests also help them detect any problem with the liver.
Infections Caused by These Stones
- Cholecystitis: This is the most common infection caused by gallstones. This causes inflammation in the gallbladder due to blocked cystic duct.
- Cholangitis: This infection happens due to blocked bile duct. Jaundice, fever, abdominal pain and dark urine are some of its symptoms. You need to get this condition treated immediately.
- Formation of Pus inside Gallbladder: This is the complication of cholecystitis. High fever and high abdominal pain are some of its symptoms.
Risk Factors of Gallstones
Women have higher chances of developing gallstones as compared to men. Hormonal changes such as the ones during pregnancy and usage of oral contraceptives are some reasons for the same. Children have the lower or least chances to develop such a disease. Although if they suffer from a spinal injury or have sickle cell anaemia and have weak immunity, then they can develop pigment stones only.
It is important to have a healthy lifestyle and diet intake for avoiding stones in your gallbladder. It can harm you in many ways that you cannot even imagine and think. It can even cause cancer in your gallbladder and damage your liver.
If you consult your urologist early, you can detect these stones and get rid of them immediately to prevent further damage to your body.
For more such details, you can visit us and get the best relief from the formation of such dangerous diseases.