QuickBooks helps users with business accounting and organizes all their financial data in one place. The users are provided with portable access to this data and can share them online or via a multi-user network. Due to technical glitches, the software can sometimes fail to perform its functions which can be troublesome for the users. QuickBooks Error 1310 doesn’t allow users to install the software on their computers. On the off chance you also encountered this error while installing QuickBooks Desktop on your PC, this blog will help you understand the potential causes of this issue and provide you with the methods to resolve it from your computer.
If you aren’t comfortable with the procedures, take the assistance of a QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 to terminate this issue quickly.
You get interrupted by this error while installing QuickBooks due to the reasons mentioned below-
- The Windows installer malfunctions during QuickBooks installation leading to the termination of the process.
- The installation package is damaged, and some files are no longer usable.
- The Windows account you use doesn’t have sufficient permissions to access the folders in your system drives.
We have compiled a list of techniques effective against this error underneath-
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Quickbooks Error 1402
Solution 1- Register the Windows installer again
This error mainly develops due to irregularities in the Windows installer. The Windows installer’s failure to run or turn irresponsive during QuickBooks installation leads to these error codes. You might also encounter this error while updating QuickBooks if the Windows Installer fails to access or install the update package. You can fix the issue by registering the Windows installer as described in the steps below-
- Open the Run window in your Windows by pressing the Windows+R button.
- Erase the auto-filled data, accurately type msiexec /unreg in the field, and tap Enter.
- You’ll see a dialogue box of the Windows installer, click Ok.
- Go to the Run window again and type msiexec /regserver.
- Press Enter and try installing QuickBooks again.
- If the installation is interrupted by the error again, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Use the command prompt to use the Windows installer in admin mode
Windows installer may also face trouble installing QuickBooks if it isn’t allowed to run or access QB files due to interruption of security software or restricted folder permissions. You must run the Windows installer in Admin mode to assign it special permissions while running and prevent it from getting blocked again. The steps below will help you to use the command prompt to run the installer in Admin mode-
- When you see the Command prompt in the results, right-click it and select Run as Administrator.
- When the CMD opens, type icacls ”C:\Config.Msi”/T/C/grant administrators: F accurately and press Enter.
- Close the command prompt and retry installing QuickBooks.
- The software installation will not be interrupted by any issues after using the methods given above.
This blog provides information on QuickBooks Error 1310, which blocks the software installation on your computer. The potential reasons for this error are discussed in the blog, along with the methods required to terminate this issue. We hope you took the help of this blog to install QuickBooks on your PC without any problems. Converse directly with a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042 if you need assistance troubleshooting this error.
You may read also: QUICKBOOKS ERROR 17337: TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS TO EASILY DISMISS