QuickBooks error code 20 is usually seen when the user tries to upgrade their operating system to windows 10 or 7.This is a common error that can be seen various other applications apart from QuickBooks, but its importance on QuickBooks is more that any other software.
Thus, if you are also facing QuickBooks error code 20 (Printer not activate), then reading this post till the end would surely help. Or you can also contact our team professionals. Our QuickBooks experts will ensure to provide the best possible support services instantly.
What Causes QuickBooks to Encounter PDF Converter Activation Error 20
Multiple reasons cause QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20 to display on Windows with error message “You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter. Try using QuickBooks Save as PDF menu option”
- QuickBooks PDF converter is not appropriately configured.
- QuickBooks version you are using is not compatible with the windows you are using.
- Outdated Windows and QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Windows has registry errors.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of QB software.
What leads to QuickBooks printer activation error 20?
The QuickBooks printer activation error 20 could be seen due to the following reasons:
- In case the application key is not up to date
- Or if unsupported printer drivers either way
- Also, if the windows registry error occurred
- Moreover, if QuickBooks version is not compatible with windows Operating system
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks
What different factors trigger QuickBooks error 20?
Now that you have already acquired all the brief knowledge about error 20 in QuickBooks, it is time for you to find out what triggers this error code in QuickBooks. This error code can be encountered, if:
- QuickBooks 2009 has compatibility issues with Windows 10
- You are still using QuickBooks 2009.
- QuickBooks Windows registry file issues may also lead to QuickBooks Error 20.
- Unsupported printer drivers may be set up on your system.
- you might be using an outdated application key
- The PDF converter might not be configured properly
- There is an outdated Windows operating system set up on your system.
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 20 (Printer Not Activated)
This error code can be easily resolved by configuring print spooler service. The steps to be followed are as follows:
- The very first step is to press windows + R
- Type in MSC in the run box
- And right click on the print spooler service from the services list
- Select the properties option and click on stop the print spooler service
- Choose the automatic option
- And click on start tab, and the service option again
- End the process by printing something or save as pdf
You can also opt for fixing Microsoft document writer windows component, in case the above method failed to fix the error for you.
See Also: Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6094
It is expected that the above stated steps would help in fixing the QuickBooks error code 20 successfully. However, if you are unable to deal with the error, then it is suggested to get in touch with our QuickBooks desktop pro support team professionals at 1(844)405-0906. Our experts and certified professionals will ensure to provide you with immediate support services.
Read Also: thebigblogs