Not every time you can be available to pick up your calls. In those cases to protect from not missing anything important, iPhone users can turn the voicemail feature ON and let the callers record a voicemail for you. So next time you check your iPhone, instead of many missed calls, you’ll see voicemails and if something is important you can make an immediate response.
In this article, we are going to see how to activate voicemail and if already activated how to change voicemail on iPhone.
How To Turn on the Visual Voicemail on iPhone?
Those who don’t know how to turn the voicemail feature on for your iPhone can follow our guide:
- Open the app “Phone”
- At the bottom right, click on ‘Voicemail’
- Then ‘Set up now’
- Create and confirm Password and done.
Now turning on the voicemail is not just all you have to do. Create a custom greeting for your callers so that they can record their message.
How To Record a Custom Greeting?
To let others know that you have activated voicemail on your device, you have to use this feature. This guide will also show you how to change your voicemail on your iPhone.
- Open the voicemail app.
- On the top left, click on ‘Greeting’
- Tap ‘Record’ to start recording your greeting
- Tap ‘Stop’ to stop recording.
- Have an ear to your recorded personalised greeting.
- If you are satisfied with that, save it.
- Otherwise, create it again or you can change the already recorded voicemail greeting from there.
Following this guide will also let you know how to change voicemail on iphone.
How to Playback your voicemail messages on an iPhone?
The newly received voicemail will be shown in the notification bar of your device. But what if you want to play them again? Follow this guide for that:
- Click on the “Phone” app
- On the bottom right section, tap on the Voicemail option.
- From the list, select the voicemail you want to hear again.
All the voicemails have these options- play/pause, speaker, call, trash/delete.
How To Save Or Share Your Voicemail on iPhone?
If you want you can also share or save the voicemail message on your iPhone.
- Open the Phone app and then the Voicemail feature.
- Select the voicemail you want to share
- Click on three dots to share. You are also allowed to share .m4a files via messages or other applications.
You can save it on your device as an audio file using the same process.
Some Suggested Fixes if the Voicemail Stops Working
Here is a complete list of the fixes you can apply from your side to fix voicemail issues.
- Free up the space by deleting some voicemails.
- Carrier update: Settings > General > About.
- Change Network settings for good network
- Aeroplane mode- on and off
- Turn off call forwarding
- Enable wifi calling.
Summing it up
Make maximum use of the voicemail feature on your iPhone by activating it on your device. Also, make sure your carrier allows this service. Visit Techzeel to get all the latest technological and informative content in easy language.
For More such content visit The Big Blogs