Everyone experiences hair loss at some point in their lives, regardless of age or gender. But while many of us view hair loss as a cosmetic concern, sometimes it indicates underlying health issues.
Hair loss can be linked to a range of health problems, so it’s essential to address hair loss to promote healthy hair growth and identify and treat any underlying health issues. You should Consult with Hair Transplant in Ludhiana.
This guide explores the relationship between hair loss and overall health, as well as tips on how to care for your hair and health.
Causes of hair loss
Understanding the root cause of hair loss is essential for determining an appropriate treatment plan.
Hair loss has several causes, ranging from genetics to medical conditions. Some of these common causes include:
- Genetics – Hair loss is frequently caused by genetics. Males and women suffer from androgenetic alopecia, otherwise known as pattern baldness.
- Hormonal changes – Hormones can also lead to hair loss. Women can experience this during pregnancy, menopause, or with thyroid disorders. These conditions can affect hair growth hormone production.
- Medications – Hair loss can also be caused by certain medications. These include chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners, and medications for high blood pressure and depression.
- Poor nutrition – Lack of essential nutrients, such as iron, zinc, and biotin, can lead to hair loss. This is because these nutrients play a crucial role in healthy hair growth and maintenance.
- Stress can lead to telogen effluvium, which causes hair to enter a premature resting phase, resulting in increased hair shedding.
- Hairstyles and treatments – Certain hairstyles and treatments, such as tight braids, ponytails, and chemical straightening can lead to hair loss.
- Age – Hair naturally thins with age, and hair follicles shrink, leading to less hair growth.
Treatment options for hair loss
There are a myriad of treatment options for hair loss, but you must choose the right one.
- Hair transplant surgery
- Non-surgical hair replacements
- Hair growth treatments
How are hair loss and general health connected?
Hair health is closely connected to your overall well-being. The health of the gut, mental health, and iron deficiency can all contribute to hair loss and poor hair health.
Gut health, which includes the complex community of microorganisms in the digestive tract, affects hair health. Poor digestive health, such as imbalances in gut bacteria or inflammation, can disrupt nutrient absorption, leading to weakened hair follicles and increased hair loss. Having a gut-friendly diet can positively impact hair health by maintaining a healthy gut.
Stress, anxiety, and depression can disrupt the hair growth cycle, leading to premature hair loss and trichotillomania or alopecia areata. Managing stress through relaxation techniques, exercise, and mental health support can improve hair health.
Iron deficiency can cause decreased oxygen delivery to hair follicles, weakening hair shafts, and increased hair shedding. A referral to a doctor about proper diagnosis and management, including iron supplements and dietary changes, is important.
Cancer treatments can cause hair loss as a side effect, targeting rapidly dividing cells. Options like scalp cooling can reduce or prevent hair loss during treatment. Hair regrows after treatment.
Diabetes affects hair health through high blood sugar levels, nutrient deficiencies, and hormonal imbalances. Proper diabetes management through lifestyle changes, medication, and medical care can improve hair health.
Book a consultation with Profileforte.Maintaining healthy hair requires taking care of your overall health. Many different factors can impact hair health and contribute to hair loss, so you must manage them effectively. Contact Profileforte for Hair Transplant Costs in Punjab.