If your Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks this could be because of your computer misdirects the firewall to block QuickBooks from connecting to the internet. The Windows firewall settings can occasionally be problematic and result in problems.
As a result, QuickBooks could be unable to connect to servers where data may be kept. Consequently, a number of background processes may have difficulties. While using QuickBooks on Windows, it is normal to see problems like “Network diagnostics failed” or “Disable exceptions Firewall not defined”. While most errors include instructions on how to fix the problem, some users may find them unclear.
During times of urgency, errors can be quite frustrating. Get in touch with us at 1.855.738.2784 if you are seeking a speedy resolution that will not waste a single second of your time
Solutions to Quickly Tackle Firewall Issues in QuickBooks
Step 1: Employ QB Tool Hub for a Quick Fix
The QuickBooks Tool Hub helps resolve these errors. You can use Tool Hub on Windows, 64-bit, for the best experience.
- Close QuickBooks first.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub’s most recent version (18.104.22.168). Save the file in a location where you can locate it quickly, such as your Windows desktop or Downloads folder. Note: You can determine which version you have if you have already installed Tool Hub. Choosing the Home tab.
- Launch the downloaded file, QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, follow the on-screen instructions.
- To access the tool hub when the installation is complete, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 404
Step 2: Start the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Choose Company Files Issues in the tool hub.
- Choose Run QuickBooks File Doctor in step two. Search for QuickBooks Desktop File Doc and manually open it if the QuickBooks File Doctor will not open.
- From the dropdown menu in QuickBooks File Doctor, choose your company file. If your file is not visible, choose Browse and Search to locate it.
- Click Continue after selecting Check your file and network.
- Type your admin password for QuickBooks and click Next.
Your file size determines the length of the scan. Typically, it takes up to five minutes. Open your company file and QuickBooks after the scan is complete. Even if the scan fixes Windows firewall blockage, it may still indicate that it was unsuccessful.
Proceed to Step 3 if you are still receiving an error notice or are unable to open your company file.
Step 3: Manually set up the firewall
You can configure things manually if QuickBooks File Doctor was unable to resolve your firewall issue.
Add a QuickBooks firewall port exemption.
Follow these instructions for each edition of QuickBooks Desktop if you use different versions (years) on the same computer:
- Access the Start menu on Windows.
- Open Windows Firewall by typing “Windows Firewall” into the search bar.
- Choose Advanced Options.
- Select with the right click Inbound Rules (you will later construct Outbound Rules). Next, choose New Rule.
- Click Port, then click Next.
- Ensure that the TCP is chosen.
- Type the appropriate local ports required for your QuickBooks year version in the appropriate local ports area.
Since these steps are time-consuming, followed by the other voluminous alternatives that are difficult to share here because of the space and size, you can contact our support staff at 1.855.738.2784 for more such solutions to resolve ‘Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks’ issue.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks error 15215