Although QuickBooks allows users to shift their data from one version to another in an easy manner, but sometimes errors and issues can arise. One such error is the QuickBooks online conversion issues, which can arise due to many reasons, like problems with the migrator tool or issues with your QBO account. If you are encountering problems converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online, you can use the reasons and solutions provided below to address them.
If you are having trouble converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online or are unable to perform the steps, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Common Reasons Why You Are Unable to Import QuickBooks Desktop to Online
You might be getting QuickBooks Desktop to Online issues while undertaking the conversion process due to the following possible factors –
- There are problems while importing the payroll data in QuickBooks Online, as you have already entered the employees in QBO.
- The file you are trying to import to QuickBooks Online is too big or not condensed to an appropriate size.
- The company file you are trying to import is not eligible for QBO, and you need to check the import compatibility.
- Your import process might also get hampered when the data you are trying to import is located in an external network drive.
How to Terminate the Not Able to Import QuickBooks Desktop Data to Online?
You can easily address the unable to import transactions from QuickBooks Desktop to Online issue by following the solutions provided below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Update Error
Solution 1 – Check the Company File Compatibility for QBO Import
You need to ensure that your company file is compatible with your QBO account to eliminate the issues while converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that you are logged in from an admin account while you import the company data to QBO.
- Next, you need to remember that company data within 60 days of subscription can only be converted to QBO. If you are data exceeds the limit, you need to contact a pro advisor to extend the limit.
- Begin by signing in to the QB Online company and finishing the setup of interview questions, followed by saving the company address again.
- If this error persists, form a new QB online account to undertake the import process and ensure to cancel the earlier subscription.
Solution 2 – Copy the Company File to a New Location and Switch to Single-User Mode
You can try importing the company file from a new location in a single-user mode.
- Firstly, find the location of your QuickBooks company file and shut QB Desktop so that you can import the QBW file into QuickBooks Online by copying the company file to the C drive.
- Next, launch the company file from the new location and go to the File menu to switch to the single-user mode.
- Finally, go to the Company menu and select the Export your company file to QuickBooks Online option to complete the QuickBooks desktop import process.
Problems converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online can be rectified by using the solutions provided in this article. If the issues persist, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our QB professionals.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks missing pdf component