Verifying your license details is a key step in operating the QuickBooks program. But sometimes, users are unable to provide their license details due to a license error. The QuickBooks error 3371 occurs when QuickBooks can’t initialize license properties, and the application faces issues while running. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 3371, there can be a few possible reasons that are causing it. In this article, we are going to talk about the reasons and solutions for eliminating the error code effectively.
If you are unable to resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get technical assistance from our support team.
Common Reasons behind the QuickBooks Desktop Error 3371
The QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118 can occur due to the following factors –
- QuickBooks registration files are either damaged or corrupted, and you are not able to run them.
- Windows components, such as the MSXML files, are not working correctly.
- 3rd party applications are interfering with QuickBooks and blocking its functions.
- There are network issues while establishing a connection, which is leading to the 3371 error.
- You are trying to import the .QBO file before saving it.
- Your Windows OS is not updated to the latest version and has become obsolete.
Steps to Address the QuickBooks Installation Error 3371 Effectively
If you are facing the error code 3371 in QuickBooks Desktop, you can follow the solutions provided below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 1603
Solution 1 – Update your Windows OS by Installing the Latest Available Windows Updates
Run your system as Windows admin and update your Windows OS to address the QuickBooks error message 3371.
- From the Windows Start menu, go to All Programs and Features and click on Windows Update.
- Let the update process complete, and once done, rerun QuickBooks and update the application to see if you are able to enter the license data.
Solution 2 – Fix the Microsoft Components Manually to Mend the Installation Errors
The following Microsoft components need to be repaired by running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Microsoft .Net framework
- Microsoft MSXML component
- C++ pitfalls
Solution 3 – Delete and Recreate the Entitlement File from the Run Window
The ECML file needs to be running smoothly to run the QuickBooks application and verify the license data.
- From the Run window, go to the C drive, and from the Program Data folder, select Entitlement Client.
- Search for the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and right-click on it to select Delete.
- Now, open QuickBooks and access your company file again to register the QB program.
If the error code 3371 is still not resolved, you can perform a clean installation. For this, go to the QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the Installation Issues tab.
You can effectively eradicate QuickBooks error 3371 by following the solutions provided in this article. If the error still remains unresolved, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 and get assistance from our QB professionals to fix the issue.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Source URL: https://issuu.com/markwilliam8506/docs/best_way_to_troubleshoot_quickbooks_error_3371_ins