There are various services needed for QuickBooks to function properly. Failure of any service can prompt errors in the application. File Copy Service (FCS) is a service that is required to download and execute payroll updates, and it gets started in the background of your PC when the update process is started. If the Intuit FCS Service gets disabled for some reason, then QuickBooks experiences Error 15241 QuickBooks Desktop and shows an error message that reads “Error 15241: The payroll update did not complete successfully“. To rectify the error, all you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned in this article.
If you are facing tremendous difficulties while resolving Error 15241 QuickBooks Desktop, you can reach out to our QB Experts Team by dialing +1(855)-738-0359QuickBooks Error 15241
Root Causes of Error 15241 QuickBooks Desktop
Before jumping to the troubleshooting, let us first get familiar with the reasons that provoke the update error –
- A disabled File Copy Service (FCS) is the probable factor behind error 15241 in QuickBooks.
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company data file can also prompt this error.
- An unstable internet connection leads to interrupted update installation can trigger this error.
- An internal glitch in the Windows Registry is one another reason behind this error.
- Invalid Payroll Service Key in QuickBooks Desktop can also provoke this error.
Relevant Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 15241
Below are some of the easiest solutions that will help you rectify QuickBooks error code 15241.
Solution 1:Run QuickBooks Reboot.bat File to Re-register QuickBooks Installation Files on Windows
The first solution of the blog is to run QB reboot bat file to re-register QuickBooks installation files on windows.
- Quit all QuickBooks windows and right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on the Desktop.
- Now choose Properties and click the Open File Location option.
- Now find and double-click the Reboot.bat file, which will run the Reboot.bat command and re-register all the QuickBooks-related files on Windows.
- Once the DOS window automatically closes, restart your Windows and update QuickBooks once again.
- If QuickBooks error message 15241 appears again while installing the updates, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Really useful to learn:-QuickbBoks payroll error ps038
Solution 2:Rectify QB Error Code 15241 on Windows 7, 8, 10, or Vista
- Start by Quitting the QB Desktop application.
- Now right-click My Computer on the Desktop and select Manage.
- From the left pane, tap on Services and Applications.
- Now double-click the Services option, then find and double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service from the list.
- Under the General tab, press the Startup type drop-down menu, select Manual, and now hit Apply.
- Further hit the Start button and then click OK.
- Now attempt to Update QuickBooks Desktop and Install the Latest Payroll Tax Table Updates.
Solution 3: Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Error 15241 on Windows XP
Quit the QuickBooks application, right-click the My Computer icon from the Desktop, and select Manage.
- From the Computer Management screen, tap on the Services and Applications drop-down list.
- Click Services and look for Intuit QuickBooks, then double-click the Intuit QuickBooks FCS service.
- Under the General tab, tap on the Startup Type drop-down menu and select manual.
- Lastly, hit OK and open QuickBooks again.
The aforementioned steps have been tested by QB technical experts and helped to rectify Error 15241 QuickBooks Desktop. However, if you encounter any kind of issue while implementing the steps, call us immediately at +1(855)-738-0359.
You can fix this error by reading this article intuit data protect has stopped working