There are many useful features in the QB application which make day-to-day business functions easy. One such feature is the banking feature, wherein users can process the banking functions through QuickBooks. When the application gets disconnected from the bank account, it can lead to QuickBooks error 179 on the screen. The error can arise due to incorrect banking details, among other possible reasons. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 179, you can use the solutions provided below to address it effectively.
If you are unable to perform the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Possible Factors leading to the QuickBooks Online Error 179
QuickBooks error message 179 can arise due to the following common scenarios –
- The bank account you are trying to connect to is facing issues, or the login credentials are incorrect/invalid.
- You have recently updated the login details, and you are using the old credentials to log in to the banking account via QuickBooks.
- You have not updated your bank details in QuickBooks, which is causing a mismatch between the two.
- There are multiple instances of login from the same bank account while trying to establish a connection with QB.
Eliminating Steps to Tackle the QuickBooks Rebuild Error 179
QuickBooks online banking error 179 can be easily fixed by using the steps given below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 12002
Step 1 – Update the Bank Login Credentials and Log into the Bank Account in QB
You need to ensure that the login credentials are correctly updated in QB to dismiss the QB error code 179.
- Open QuickBooks Online and select Banking from the left side Banking Panel to select the account that is facing the 179 error, and go to the Edit icon.
- Choose Edit Sign-in Info to enter the most recent login credentials of your online banking and click Update to try to reconnect the account once again.
- Open your internet browser and visit the online login page of your bank to enter the login credentials by hitting the sign-in / log-in button and check if the login process was successful.
Step 2 – Run the File Doctor Utility from the Tool Hub to Mend the Data File Issues
Sometimes, a damaged company file can also lead to a banking error, which can be fixed by running the file doctor.
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC at an accessible location.
- Once installed, run the tool hub and go to the Company File Issues tab to locate & select the QB File Doctor tool.
- Browse your company file for issues, and once the tool stops running, check if the 179 error is rectified.
Problems while connecting with the bank account can lead to QuickBooks error 179, which can be fixed by using the steps given above. If the issue persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct assistance from our support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033