QuickBooks users obtain enhanced features and sophisticated tools by regularly updating the QB Desktop application to new versions released by Intuit.
However, the process of updating QuickBooks can be hindered due to several troublesome errors, and these technical errors are often called ‘QuickBooks Update Errors’. Some common instances of these errors are QuickBooks Update Error 12045, QB Error 12038, QB Error 12157, etc.
This blog will illustrate several step-wise techniques that can really help you to rectify these errors.
Why Do Users Confront Update Errors in QuickBooks?
There are actually many factors that trigger ‘Update Errors in QuickBooks’ & these factors are mentioned below:
- While updating the QB Desktop application, incorrect system date and time setup and incorrect internet connection settings in QuickBooks can easily result in issues.
- Incorrect settings of the ‘Windows Firewall’ can cause hindrance while obtaining QB updates on the computer.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 301
How Can ‘QB Desktop Update Error Messages’ Be Completely Eliminated?
The ‘QB Desktop Update Error Messages’ can be eradicated using the techniques detailed below:
Technique 1: Set accurate ‘Internet Connection Settings’ in the QB Desktop application to easily resolve this technical problem
- Just after starting the QB Desktop application, move to the ‘Help’ menu to strike the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ tab, and after that, simply choose to hit the ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’ option available on the on-screen window.
- Now, move further to tap on the ‘Next’ button of the window & then you will go ahead to strike the ‘Advanced Connection Settings’ tab on the screen.
- At this point, you shall straight away reach the ‘Advanced’ tab of the new window so that you can click on the ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ option and after that, just move ahead to tap the ‘OK’ and the ‘Done’ options consecutively.
- Finally, you have set valid internet connection settings in QuickBooks, and therefore, you can now successfully update the QB Desktop application on the system.
Technique 2: Access the ‘System Date & Time Setup’ and then correctly edit it to ensure full eradication of this technical glitch
- Here, you need to open the ‘System Date & Time Setup’ & for that, the first step is to strike the date and time box shown on the bottom-right corner of the Windows Desktop so that you can easily choose the ‘Adjust Date/Time’ tab displayed on the screen.
- Thereafter, just proceed to the newly-opened ‘Date and Time’ window on the system’s screen so that you are able to tap the ‘Change Date and Time’ button, and then you will immediately get another window having the title ‘Date and Time Settings’.
- On the recently-opened ‘Date and Time Settings’ window, you can correctly edit the date and time settings through the appropriate options.
- Once you have set a valid date & time on your computer, you can hit the ‘OK’ options on both windows, following which you can proceed ahead to get the required QB Desktop updates successfully.
If these step-wise techniques are properly used, ‘QuickBooks Update Error’ will surely be eradicated. For further guidance & help, dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect to our QB Specialists Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1723