QuickBooks Payroll Update Error ps038 can trouble a user attempting to run their payroll operations or send paychecks online. QuickBooks payroll error PS038 prompts when a user attempts to send paychecks online, and the paychecks are stuck as “Online to send.” Payroll cannot be launched if there are paychecks stuck in the system, and thus rectifying the error becomes the need of the hour. This will be a perfect guide for you if you wish to rectify this error.
If you find it troubling to follow these steps, then don’t worry. Our experts can help you; just dial us at +1(855)-738-0359.
Important Points to Consider Before Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS038
These are some of the important points you need to consider before troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS038.
- In case you are using an older version of QuickBooks, you are first required to update it to 2019 or a later version.
- Also, make sure to back up your QuickBooks company file and payroll data before troubleshooting the PS038 error in QuickBooks.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application should have the latest updates of the payroll tax table installed.
Read More:- QuickBooks Multi-user Mode Not Working
Convenient Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038
The following solutions are some of the effective solutions that will help you to eliminate QuickBooks Update Error PS038.
Solution 1: Update your QuickBooks application to Resolve PS038 Error While Running QuickBooks
You need to verify that the QuickBooks version you use is the latest and up-to-date to resolve payroll error PS038.
- First of all, access the QB application and head to the Help menu.
- Here, select the Update QuickBooks Desktop button and press Update Now at the top-right corner.
- Now choose to Get Updates and after the download of the update finishes, quit and reopen your application to verify the PS038 error QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: After updating QuickBooks, try Sending Payroll to Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Error PS038
The second solution is to update QuickBooks to the latest update and try sending payroll once again.
- First, tap on My Payroll Services under the Employees tab and then click Send Usage Data.
- In case you can send data successfully, then update the payroll again. Then under the Edit tab, select Find and choose Advanced.
- Now under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list and select Detail Level then move to the next step.
- Select Summary Only. Then, under the Choose Filter tab, look for the Filter list and select Online Status.
- Now from the drop-down list on the right-hand side, choose Online to send.
- Now click on the Find button to check all the unsent paychecks and PS038 error payroll.
Solution 3: Run Verify and Rebuild Data tool to Resolve Receiving Error Message PS038
The third solution is to run and verify the rebuild data tool to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error PS038.
- First, make sure to take a backup before running the Rebuild Data tool and click the Rebuild Now button, as shown in the screenshot.
- Once the rebuild process completes, you can see the status of stuck paychecks.
We will be concluding the article here, and we hope that you were able to rectify QuickBooks Payroll Update Error PS038. In case the solutions mentioned in this article cannot fix all the stuck paychecks, then you can contact our experts at +1(855)-738-0359 for help.
You may also read:- QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6106: HOW TO FIX COMPANY FILE ISSUES