Data migration issues in QuickBooks are one of the most common problems reported by QB users. This issue arises while switching to another version and transferring or moving the data. The QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly error can prevent users from converting their essential data and can occur due to many reasons, like an outdated QB version. If you are experiencing QuickBooks migration failure, you can use the solutions provided below to address it.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at +1 855-948-3646 to get immediate help from our QB support team.
What are the Possible Reasons that Trigger the QuickBooks Desktop Migration Failure?
The following common causes and factors might be responsible for the QuickBooks migration failed issue–
- Your current QB version, or the one you are transferring the data to, is either outdated or discontinued.
- Windows OS files might be damaged or corrupted, which is interfering with the QuickBooks migration process.
- Important services, like the QuickBooks migration tool service, are not running correctly, and they might be missing from the system.
- QuickBooks, the migration tool, and your Windows OS are not compatible with each other, which is causing a migration failure.
- The data file you are trying to transfer is either very bulky or might be damaged/corrupted.
You May Also Like To Read:- Why I am Getting QuickBooks Error 15106
Reliable Ways to Eradicate the Issues with QuickBooks Online Migration Process
You can easily eliminate QuickBooks data migration errors by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 –Remove the Pending QBDT Updates from the EPatch Directory
You need to get rid of any pending QBDT updates to address the QuickBooks migration tool not working issue.
- From the Update QuickBooks Desktop window of the Help tab, go to the Options menu and select Download Location.
- Find the EPath Directory and select the New Features option to access and match the dates and times of the uninstalled updates in QB.
- Once the directory opens, click on Select All and click on Delete to remove everything and exit the directory, and once done, restart Windows and run the QB migration process to check if the issues are rectified.
Solution 2 – Run the Compatibility Troubleshooter from the Control Panel to Fix QB Issues
You can fix the migration issues in QB by accessing the compatibility troubleshooter in the following manner –
- From the Control Panel, go to the Programs and Features menu and select the Run Programs made for previous Windows versions option to open the troubleshooter utility.
- Hit Next and select the Advanced button, followed by accessing the program list and choosing QuickBooks to run the utility and detect the QB program issues.
- After the process ends, you should rerun QuickBooks and try moving the data to ensure that you have successfully removed the migration failure issues.
You can easily address the QuickBooks migration failed unexpectedly issue by using the solutions given above. If the error message persists, you can call us at +1 855-948-3646 to get direct assistance from our technical support team.
Related Post:- How To Troubleshooting QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 9000?