QuickBooks allows users the option to change their hosting settings as per their preference. While some users run the application in a single-user mode, others need multi-user hosting to perform their operations. But sometimes, due to some issues, the hosting mode becomes disabled, which leads to the QuickBooks hosting mode is off error. The “hosting mode is off QuickBooks” error message can be resolved with the help of a few solutions that are mentioned in this article below.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get direct assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Possible Causes for the QuickBooks Stop Hosting Multi-User Access Issue
If your QuickBooks hosting mode is disabled, the following common factors might be responsible –
- The hosting settings are incorrectly set up, or the server might not be able to find the IP address to allow QB to host the file.
- QuickBooks Desktop is not correctly installed on your system, and the installation files might be faulty or corrupted.
- Essential files, like the network data file, might be broken, damaged, or corrupted in the system.
- The database server manager might be inactive, which is preventing QuickBooks from switching the hosting mode.
- There are sudden power failures and power outages while running QuickBooks on your Windows system.
Reliable Ways to Terminate the QuickBooks Desktop Hosting Mode is Off Error
You can address the QuickBooks multi-user hosting not working issue by using the methods given below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Running Slow
Method 1 – Install the Database Server Manager and Set the Firewall Permissions
If you can’t enable QuickBooks hosting, you need to install the database server manager in the following manner –
- Download the Database Server Manager and close all the programs active on Windows, including QB, to initiate installing the software on the host computer.
- Launch the downloaded Setup_QuickBooks.exe file and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation and setup, and choose Custom for the install type.
- Click Next and ensure not to select Express, and choose the best option for network setup, followed by hitting Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and select Install, followed by giving Windows permissions and setting up the firewall permissions.
Method 2 – Add the Server to the Windows Host Files and List the IP Address
You can try adding the server to the host files in Windows and use the IP address to fix the hosting issues.
- Access the Windows Host file to list the last IP address and insert an input point to enter the server’s IP address.
- Now, go to the Tab option to enter the server name, and in the File menu, click Save and Exit.
- Lastly, try accessing the company file again and check if the hosting issues are dismissed.
You can easily resolve the QuickBooks hosting mode is off issue by using the methods given above. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve Converting QuickBooks Desktop to Online