QuickBooks Desktop users can obtain seamless access to all the data stored on the server through a specialized feature called ‘multi-user hosting’ while utilizing any workstation of their network. If this ‘multi-user hosting’ is incorrectly configured, then QB Desktop users will encounter several errors while trying to access the server database, and one of these error messages can be ‘QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Off’. The present technical blog has full details of this error message, including all the relevant step-wise troubleshooting techniques.
Are you encountering a ‘QuickBooks Hosting Mode is off’ error on the computer? Simply dial 1-855-856-0042 to reach out to our QB Technical Experts Team for guidance.
Relevant Reasons Behind the ‘QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Disabled’ Error
The ‘QuickBooks Hosting Mode is Disabled’ error arises due to the reasons explained here:
- Improper setup of the server computer’s multi-user hosting settings can instigate this technical error message.
- Not having valid execution of essential QB services on the server computer can provoke this technical issue.
What Are the Appropriate Techniques to Tackle ‘QB Desktop Hosting Mode Not Working’ Error?
The ‘QB Desktop Hosting Mode Not Working’ error can be eliminated using the techniques listed below:
Recommended to read: How to Resolve Unable to Start Intuit Update Service
Technique 1: Verify the server system’s multi-user hosting setup & enable relevant QB users to get access to the server database
- Simply access your server system & then launch the QB Desktop application on it with full admin rights, following which you should easily tap on the ‘File’ menu on the window.
- After that, the next step will be to choose the ‘Utilities’ tab, and then you can swiftly click on the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option to grant relevant hosting rights to the server.
- Now, immediately move to the ‘Company’ menu & then you shall require to swiftly click on the ‘Set up Users & Passwords’ tab shown on the screen.
- Thereafter, simply choose the ‘Set up Users’ tab, following which you can hit the ‘Add Users’ option to successfully add all those QB Desktop users that will be allowed access to the server database.
- Finally, completely save the edited settings & then you can easily move to any workstation to successfully utilize the multi-user feature to get access to the database stored on the server.
Technique 2: Confirm the correct execution of relevant QB services on your server computer to tackle this problem
- First & foremost, obtain the ‘Run’ window on the server screen by tapping the ‘Windows + R’ keys & then you shall need to type ‘services.msc’ within the ‘Run’ box, following which you can successfully strike the ‘Enter’ key.
- Access the ‘QuickBooksDBXX’ option on the relevant list & then instantly move to the ‘Startup Type’ menu so that you are able to effectively select the ‘Automatic’ option.
- Afterward, simply choose the ‘Start’ option located within the ‘Service Status’ menu and then access the ‘Recovery’ tab, following which you will have to carefully choose the Restart the Service’ option present within the ‘First failure’, ‘Second failure’ as well as the ‘Subsequent failures’ options depicted on the relevant window.
- All the edited changes can be executed by hitting the ‘Apply’ & the ‘OK’ options, after which you shall repeat all these steps for the ‘QBCFMonitorService’ option as well.
- When all the appropriate QB services are fully functional on the server, you shall be able to easily utilize the multi-user feature on the network.
By properly executing these techniques, you can surely weed out the ‘QuickBooks Hosting Mode is off’ error. For more help, just dial 1-855-856-0042 to connect with our QB Specialists Team.
You may read also: WANT TO FIX THE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 1328? HERE’S HOW TO FIX IT!