When the application is unable to read the payroll setup files, it can lead to the QuickBooks error PS033. This error code can arise while downloading the payroll updates and prevents you from doing the same. The issue is a result of an outdated QuickBooks Desktop, among other possible reasons. In this article, we will help you eliminate the QuickBooks error code PS033 with the help of some easy solutions.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.
Possible Reasons for the QuickBooks Desktop Error PS033
QuickBooks error message PS033 can get triggered due to the following common factors –
- Essential QuickBooks folders, like the CPS folder, are corrupted, damaged, or are not running correctly.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application is not updated to the latest release, which is causing compatibility issues while running payroll.
- The UAC settings on your Windows are turned on or active, which is preventing QuickBooks from running the payroll setup files.
- The company file you are trying to access has damaged entries, and the data file might be corrupted.
- Some background processes are running while running the payroll updates, which is triggering the PS033 error.
Recommended to read : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
How to Easily Eliminate the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033?
QuickBooks company file error PS033 can be reliably resolved by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Install the QB Payroll Updates in Windows Safe Mode
You can tackle the payroll issues by installing the updates in the Windows startup mode.
- Exit from QuickBooks and shut down your computer system to reboot it, and to restart, hold the Shift key while clicking on the Power icon.
- Click on Restart, and after the computer restarts, go to the Choose an Option screen and select Troubleshoot to click on the Advanced option.
- Select Startup Settings to click on Restart, and after the computer restarts, click on the fifth option from the list to access the Windows Safe mode to download the payroll updates.
- If the download is successful, restart the computer to Normal Mode and download the update again to check if the PS033 error is fixed.
Solution 2 – Deactivate the User Account Control by Modifying the Windows Settings
You can resolve the QB error code PS033 by turning the UAC settings off from the control panel.
- Go to the Start menu and choose the Control Panel to click on User Accounts.
- Choose it again in the next window and click on Change User Account Control Settings, followed by choosing Continue.
- Turn the slider down to the Never Notify option and click OK to restart your computer system, and try to download the QB payroll updates again.
You can terminate the QuickBooks error PS033 by using the solutions provided in this article. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error H101