QuickBooks is a popular accounting software used by small and medium-sized businesses. However, like any other software, QuickBooks can encounter errors that can hamper its functionality. One such is QuickBooks Error H505, which occurs when the software is unable to connect to the company file that is located on another computer.
QuickBooks Error H505 is a common error that can occur when users try to access a company file that is located on another computer. This error can be caused by various reasons, including incorrect network settings, firewall blocking, or damaged QuickBooks installation.
If you’re getting an error message with the Error Code H505, read the entire article for detailed troubleshooting information.
If the error occurs despite trying every troubleshooting method, or if you find yourself in need of quick assistance from a specialist, contact the Support Line +1(855)-738-0359.
Understand What is QuickBooks Error Code H505?
QuickBooks Error Code H505 occurs when the software is unable to establish a connection with the company file that is located on another computer. This error usually occurs when QB applicationis unable to communicate with the server due to a misconfiguration in the settings.
Reason of Error Code H505 in QuickBooks Desktop
There can be several causes of H505 in QuickBooks, including:
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings: If the hosting configuration settings are incorrect, Error H505 in QB can occur.
- Firewall blocking: If the firewall is blocking QB , it can result in QB Desktop Error H505.
- Damaged or corrupted files: If the QB company file is damaged or corrupted, it can lead to QB Error Code H505.
- Incorrect DNS settings: Incorrect DNS settings can cause Error Code H505, as the software is unable to communicate with the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Enterprise Error H505
The symptoms of QB Desktop Error H505 are:
- The user is unable to access the QuickBooks company file.
- The user is unable to switch to the multi-user mode.
- QuickBooks becomes unresponsive or crashes frequently.
- The user is unable to open the company file located on another computer.
Easy Solutions to QuickBooks Company File Error H505
There are several solutions to QB Enterprise Error H505, including:
- Verify hosting settings: Ensure that the hosting settings are correct on all the computers that are hosting the company file.
- Check firewall settings: Check if the firewall settings are blocking QuickBooks, and add QuickBooks to the exceptions list if necessary.
- Create a new folder for the QuickBooks company file: Create a new folder for the QuickBooks company file and share it on the network.
- Check the DNS settings: Ensure that the DNS settings are correct on all the computers that are hosting the company file.
- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor: The File Doctor is a tool that can help fix QB errors, including QB Enterprise Error H505.
QuickBooks Company File Error H505 can be frustrating, but it can be resolved with the right solutions. Ensure that the hosting settings, firewall settings, and DNS settings are correct, and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool if necessary. By following these solutions, you can resolve QB Company File Error H505 and get back to using QB seamlessly.
You May Also check out post: The Big Blog