There are many intricate errors that can restrict QB Desktop users from easily utilizing the multi-user mode to access the company file. Some of these errors are classified within the ‘H-Error Series’ & one prominent example of these errors is QuickBooks Error H505.
Experts have indicated that certain technical faults that interfere with the connection to the server computer are responsible for this error.
In this blog, a detailed explanation of this error, along with relevant resolutions, is provided.
Are you searching for effective help regarding QuickBooks Error H505? Just dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Technical Experts Team.
What Are Some Factors That Can Provoke ‘H505 QB Desktop Error’?
The ‘H505 QB Desktop Error’ crops up due to the reasons listed below:
- Connection to the server system may get restricted due to invalid hosting setup on various systems of the network.
- Problems in the ‘Windows Firewall’ setup & defective data files can also trigger this error.
How Can ‘QB Desktop H505 Error Message’ Be Tackled Easily?
The ‘QB Desktop H505 Error Message’ can be rectified using the resolutions stated below:
Resolution 1: Set a fully correct hosting setup on the server & on each workstation to tackle this problem
- First & foremost, access the QB Desktop application on any workstation & then move toward the ‘File’ menu so that you can easily strike on the ‘Utilities’ tab; after that, you just have to choose the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option displayed on the system’s screen.
- Now you have disabled the multi-user hosting on your workstation & this process must be repeated on every workstation of your network.
- Thereafter, just hop to the server computer on the network (which holds the data file) and then open up the QB Desktop application so that you can choose the ‘Utilities’ option provided inside the ‘File’ menu.
- Next, immediately go ahead to click on the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option following which you will get multi-user hosting enabled on your server system.
- Finally, move back to any workstation & then utilize the multi-user mode to get the required access to the data file on your network.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Abort Error
Resolution 2: Fully access & execute the ‘QB Database Server Manager’ utility to easily eliminate this issue
- By executing the ‘QB Database Server Manager’ utility, the data file can be repaired & for that, the first step is to download the ‘QB Tool Hub’ from the official Intuit website on your system.
- Next, simply move to the location where the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file has got saved & then launch that file so that you can perfectly install the ‘QB Tool Hub’ via the required installation steps.
- Afterward, you need to correctly open up ‘QB Tool Hub’ so that you can easily strike the ‘Network Issues’ tab, and then you just have to choose the ‘QB Database Server Manager’ utility, following which you can load the data file through the ‘Browse’ option.
- Thereafter, begin the scan & repair process by tapping the ‘Start Scan’ button, and when the entire process gets completed, you can move to the workstation to access the data file very easily.
Precisely execute both resolutions to eradicate QuickBooks Error H505. For more help & guidance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to connect with our QB Technical Specialists Team.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3371