QuickBooks error H202 is an error that takes place in QuickBooks when you use the program in multi-user mode. QBDBMgrN is a function that accepts numerous users to access the database and company files kept on a hosted server. QBDBMgrN, when disabled on your system, can trigger numerous errors. Hence, by reading this blog, you will have an idea of how to resolve this error. This blog will exclusively cover the solutions and causes of the error.
To know more about this error in-depth, you can always get in touch with the Team of QuickBooks Professionals at 1.855.738.2784.
Reasons For Error H202 in QuickBooks
There are a few reasons responsible for this error to show on your screen. This makes it crucial for you to understand the reasons for this error, as that’ll make your solution search convenient. Go through the points mentioned below:
- Your Windows Firewall is not updated if QuickBooks Database Server Manager stops.
- When you try to update QuickBooks, the former version of the Firewall finds the QBDBMgrN as an unknown service.
- All this prevents QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
- Hence, the error appears when you use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- QuickBooks File Doctor can fix QuickBooks company file. Hence, use manual resources to configure the Firewall settings that can enable QuickBooks to use the internet connection.
Now that you are sound of the reasons for the error, this should make it easy for you to figure out a solution.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6177
Solutions For QuickBooks Desktop Error H202
There are a host of solutions that are possible for this error. Since the cause is well defined, it’s best that you understand and implement the steps correctly. There’s no best method, and only an in-depth understanding of this error can only help you resolve your situation as quickly as possible. Go through the solutions discussed below:
Solution 1: Update Windows Firewall
This is a good place to commence and an easy and effective first step. It’s crucial to update an old Windows Firewall. Implement the measures given below:
- Open the Run dialog box. Type Control firewall.cpl in the text area.
- Click on Enter and open Windows Firewall. In the Update Your Firewall Settings, click on Check For Updates.
- Tap on Update Now and Use Recommended Settings options to see if an update is available.
- Wait for the process to complete. Restart your system and then open QuickBooks application.
If these steps aren’t your solution, you can always try the following method explained below.
Solution 2: Restart QuickBooks Database Server Manager
An easy method that could go a long way in resolving this error. This is a quick troubleshooting step. To implement, go through the steps given below:
- Type services.msc in the Run box and click on Enter.
- Now scroll down and search for the services. You should see QuickBooksDB29.
- Right-click on that service and click on Restart.
- After restarting, try to update QuickBooks and see if it’s working or not.
This blog discusses the solutions and causes for QuickBooks error H202. There are a bunch of other methods that you can try, some of which are: repair the current version of QuickBooks, re-install QuickBooks, download and run QuickBooks File Doctor, etc.
To learn more on this topic, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1603