QuickBooks is a reliable accounting software that has been in service for many decades. The software excellences in recording the transactions and generating precise account reports. Many users can work on the company file containing financial data simultaneously, enhancing a business’s efficiency. However, QuickBooks error 6000 832 can sometimes restrict users entirely from accessing the company file. On the off chance this error stops you from opening a company file in your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to explore the causes of its development and the techniques to terminate it.
Get in touch with a QB support team at 1-855-948-3646 to rectify this issue quickly.
Here are the reasons you face difficulties accessing your company file due to this error-
- The multi-user network is not working due to a damaged or missing Network descriptor file.
- Company file has become inaccessible to the software after suffering damage from a virus attack or corruption in your hard disk data.
- Defective installation of QuickBooks on your computer has raised internal glitches in the software.
You May Also Like To Read:- Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS101
The feasible solutions for this company file error are discussed below-
Solution 1- Rename the corrupt Network Descriptor (.nd) file
The Network Descriptor (.nd) file stores the path to all the systems to be connected in the multi-user network and helps initiate the network. If this file gets damaged, Database Server Manager will malfunction while establishing the network, and you won’t be able to host or open the company file. You need to fix the error by renaming the file, which will recreate it when you scan it using Database Server Manager. Follow these steps-
- Go to the C: drive and open the folder containing your QuickBooks files.
- Find a file with extension .nd and a similar name to your company file.
- Right-click on the Network Descriptor (.nd) file and tap Rename in the options.
- Add ‘.old’ at the end of the file name and save the file.
- Launch QuickBooks Database Server Manager from the search panel or go to the Network Issues option in the QB tool hub.
- Under the Scan Folders tab, click Browse to locate the QuickBooks folder where you renamed the .nd file.
- Click Start Scan to register the file on the network.
- Reopen QuickBooks and open your company file.
Try the next solution if the error stops you from accessing the file.
Solution 2- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to repair the file
You’ll have to repair the damaged company file using the QuickBooks File Doctor tool as mentioned in the steps below-
- Launch QB Tool hub and go to the Company file issues menu.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool option.
- Click Browse to locate your company file and enter your Admin password to run the tool.
- Let the file get repaired and then open it in QuickBooks.
You won’t face any problems accessing the file after applying the techniques mentioned above.
We are now at the maximum limit of this blog sharing insights into QuickBooks error 6000 832. You learned about the causes of this issue and the methods required to counter it. We hope the methods are easy for you to execute and help you gain access to the company file in QuickBooks.
If you still have any doubts remaining, contact a QB professional at +1 855-948-3646 to sort them out.
Related Article:- Getting QuickBooks message code 2107