You need to install regular updates and download maintenance releases to run the QuickBooks updates. This situation can lead to a series of error codes on your screen, one of which is the QuickBooks error 12157. This error code can occur due to many possible reasons, like incorrect internet settings or Windows firewall obstruction. If you are getting the QuickBooks error code 12157, you can use the solutions provided in this article to eliminate it.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error code on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Possible Reasons leading to the QuickBooks Update Error 12157
You might be getting the QuickBooks error message 12157 due to the following common causes –
- Your system’s date and time settings are incorrect, which is causing problems in the update process.
- The internet connection is unstable or weak, which is causing connectivity issues in QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall is causing obstructions while updating QuickBooks and preventing the updates from getting installed.
- The UAC settings are not correctly set, or the UAC is active in the system, which restricts the QB update process.
- You are not running QuickBooks as an admin while updating the application, which is causing access issues.
How to Reliably Tackle the QuickBooks Desktop Error 12157?
If you are encountering the QuickBooks not updating error code 12157, you can use the solutions provided below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks American Express Not Syncing
Solution 1 – Perform a System File Restore and Edit the Settings as an Admin
You can address the update issues by restoring the system files and editing the system settings.
- Firstly, ensure that you have logged into the system as an admin and choose the Start menu, followed by Accessories, to go to the Computer Tools section.
- Select the option to restore the system and open a new window to choose to restore the system, and look for the restore point option.
- Hit the Advanced System option and click Yes when you receive a prompt asking you to confirm your actions.
- Once done, restart your system, and try updating the QuickBooks application to check if the 12157 error is fixed.
Solution 2 – Adjust the Internet Settings and Add QB as a Firewall Exception
Next, you need to adjust the internet settings to terminate the QB error code 12157.
- Launch QuickBooks and head to the Help menu to select the option that says ‘Internet Connection Setup.’
- Next, choose the ‘Use my computer’s internet connection’ option to connect when the application accesses the internet and hit Next to open the Advanced Connection Settings.
- Move to the Advanced tab and choose the Restore Advanced Settings option, and click Done once the settings are edited.
Once done, access the firewall settings and add QB and its various ports as an exception.
QuickBooks error 12157 can be easily eliminated by using the solutions provided in this article above. If the error persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6147