QuickBooks is a widely used bookkeeping software that helps users fast-track their business accounting and expand their business. The software is available in many countries across the globe. But internal issues while utilizing the software can sometimes put users in a tricky situation. QuickBooks error 80040408 appears when you open the software or a few seconds after opening it, leading to a crash. If this error has also affected your QuickBooks, this blog will help you understand the circumstances under which it occurs and the measures to fix it.
Let a QB professional take care of the matter by giving a call at 1-855-856-0042 .
This error causes the software to behave abnormally due to the following reasons-
- QuickBooks keeps running in the background due to the Quick Start-up option and gets interrupted by other applications.
- QuickBooks doesn’t have the appropriate permissions to integrate with PC applications or access files on the system.
- Windows components have been damaged and fail to run QuickBooks smoothly.
You can stop unexpected crashes in the software using the methods given below-
Solution 1- Turn off the Quick Startup option and repair technical glitches in the software
The Quick Startup option causes the software to run continuously, which leads to interruption from other programs. When you launch the software, it opens the previously opened company file. If the software faces trouble accessing the file, the error occurs repeatedly when you open QuickBooks. You must turn off the Quick Startup option in QuickBooks using the steps below-
- Launch QuickBooks on your computer and open the General menu.
- Click on the Preferences option in the list and turn off the Keep QuickBooks running for Quick Startup option.
- Save the settings.
After you turn off the Quick Startup function, you must fix internal glitches in the software that might also lead to this error. You can take the help of the QB tool hub, which has an automated tool to resolve the issue. Here are the steps to prevent the error from developing again-
- Run the QuickBooks Tool hub and click the Program Problems option.
- Tap Quick fix my program from the options list and wait until the software is repaired.
- Reopen QuickBooks and try the task again.
If you still face an error and the software crashes, use the next solution.
You May Read Also: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6150 1006
Solution 2- Launch QuickBooks In Administrator Mode
You can prevent QuickBooks from getting blocked by Windows Firewall and grant it special permissions to access the files on your system by running it in Administrator mode. Use the following steps to use the software in Admin mode-
- Type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search panel and right-click the application icon in the search results.
- Tap Open file location.
- Right-click the QuickBooks launch icon inside the folder and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and mark the checkbox beside Run this program as Administrator.
These methods will help you sort out the error in QuickBooks.
This blog helps to understand the causes of QuickBooks error 80040408 stopping the software from running. The blog also consists of appropriate methods to counter the issue, which we expect you to use to make your QuickBooks trouble-free again.
Consult a QB expert at 1-855-856-0042 if you still encounter an error in your QuickBooks.
Recommended To Read: How to Fix Quickbooks Error 324