Are you an Outlook user looking for the best and most reliable way to open an Outlook PST file on Mac Mail? If so, we’ll share a quick way for you how to open Outlook PST file in Apple Mail or Mac Mail email client.
The Outlook application can sometimes crash for a variety of causes, including malware attacks, erroneous system termination, cyberattacks, and so forth. It is recommended to backup your data in some other reliable and useful email apps, such as Apple Mail. Performing the file conversion process is not that simple because different file formats are supported by both Outlook and Apple Mail email clients.
Reasons for Opening an Outlook PST File on Apple Mail
Users can choose to import their PST emails into Mac Mail for a variety of reasons. The following list includes some of the common causes.
- When a user change organizations and the new company uses Apple Mail, converting PST files to MBOX format becomes a need.
- There comes a time when clients desire to transition from the Windows operating system to the Mac operating system for a variety of reasons It is required in this situation to transfer the Outlook emails to Apple Mail.
- In situations when PST files were accidentally deleted, hard drives were damaged, Outlook PST files were corrupted, etc., importing PST files to Mac Mail was a good decision.
- Since Apple Mail is the default email program for Mac OS, it is free. As a result, customers frequently move from the Outlook email software to Mac Mail.
Are you looking for a manual solution? Check it in the section below!
How to Open Outlook PST File in Apple Mail Manually?
- On the Mac, start the Outlook program.
- To read Outlook emails in Mac Mail, select the Menu>> File>> Import option.
- Click the bottom right arrow to move on after selecting Outlook Data file (.pst or.olm) in the next window.
- Choose Outlook for Windows Data File (.pst) from the list of file types in the Choose a File Type window and click the bottom arrow to proceed.
- Finding the PST file now will allow you to open an Outlook PST file on Mac Mail by importing it.
- The PST file will show up in the Mac Outlook application after you click the Done button following a successful import process.
- All of the exported files will now be converted to MBOX format, therefore you must drag the folder containing PST data to the Mac desktop.
- After that, importing the converted MBOX file into Apple Mail is simple.
What Are Some Drawbacks of the Manual Solution?
Although the native technique is free, it takes a lot longer and involves more work to complete the task. The manual technique to open an Outlook PST file on Apple Mail has the following restrictions.
- Setup of Outlook on the Mac is necessary
- Due to the method’s complex steps, novice users are unable to use it.
- Data loss issues might arise from incorrectly completing the process.
- To complete the challenging and lengthy tasks, the user must be technically knowledgeable.
Still searching for an effective method to open and import Outlook PST files into Mac Mail? If so, choose the most reliable CubexSoft PST Converter program to put an end to all manual worries!
CubexSoft PST to MBOX Converter – A One-Stop Solution
The manual method mentioned above can be used to read and open PST files on Mac Mail. However, as shown above, it has a few drawbacks. Therefore, the only trustworthy choice is to use any flexible program, like CubexSoft PST to MBOX Converter for Mac & Windows OS program. Without installing Outlook, users can use this standalone program to convert multiple PST files to the Mac Mail-compatible MBOX format.
The Final Words!
If one must open an Outlook PST file on Mac Mail, they can do so right away because we have outlined the easiest approach in our blog post. Users can use the manual way, although it has some drawbacks. It is therefore wise to use the PST to Apple Mail Converter program, which is the best way to easily open and read the Outlook data in Mac Mail.