QuickBooks error PS107 is triggered due to corruption in one of the QuickBooks program’s installation files. This becomes clear by reading the error message that appears after you encounter the error. The error message states, “An internal file in QuickBooks has become unreadable [PS107].” In this article, we will discuss why the QuickBooks program file gets corrupted and how to fix QuickBooks Error PS107.
Do you need expert help to guide you through the steps? Worry not; we are just a call away; dial us at +1-855-738-0359.ps107 QuickBooks error
Root Causes of QuickBooks Error Code PS107
Let’s discuss the Reasons that may prompt Error PS107 in QuickBooks to appear in the application.
- An outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is used on Windows, and the automatic download of the updates is not working, leading to the error.
- Payroll updates might stop working if the payroll tax table is outdated.
- Incomplete or partial installation of QuickBooks Desktop can further prompt the error.
Relevant Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Error Message PS107
Now that we know the reasons behind QuickBooks Desktop Error PS107, let’s jump to the solutions.
Solution 1: Download and install the Latest Payroll Tax Table Updates to Resolve the Error
Before installing payroll updates, verify if you have an active payroll subscription, then follow these steps.
- Download the update file for your version of QuickBooks Desktop, head to your computer’s downloads, and double-click the downloaded update file.
- Next, follow the prompts that appears on the screen to install the updates.
- Attempt to run the payroll updates once again, and if you are still getting QuickBooks PS107 error, follow the next troubleshooting step.
You May Also :-QuickBooks outlook is not responding
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks in Safe Mode to Rectify the Error
Before installing QuickBooks again, verify to back up the company file on an external storage device.
- First, plug the device into the system and copy the QB company file that you will find in the QuickBooks company file folder.
- Next, paste the file to the external drive, or you can also secure it by saving it on cloud storage like Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Hit Windows key + R to get the Run command prompt and enter MSConfig in the text box.
- Tap on OK, click the Boot tab, and select the Safe boot option.
- Next, press Apply and then OK to save the settings and restart your Windows.
- Now Windows will boot in safe mode, and you can proceed further with the steps to reinstall QuickBooks.
- Next, head to the QuickBooks Product Download Page and choose your QB Desktop application’s correct year and version.
- Hit Search and Download, then access the downloaded setup file from the downloads of your computer.
- Now complete the product registration process and try to run payroll updates once again.
We will be concluding the blog here and hope that you were able to fix QuickBooks Error PS107. In case the error is not rectified, you can contact our technical team at +1-855-738-0359. The technical team will guide you through the steps and make sure to answer all your queries.
Recommended To Read:- QuickBooks Error UEXP