Do you intend to relocate to Canada and apply for Canada Permanent Residency from India in 2023? If yes, you must understand the Canada PR Process.
Canada has several skilled worker immigration programs that can assist you in relocating to your dream destination as a Canadian Permanent Resident (PR). So, what are you holding out for?
Let’s understand the process and set ourselves permanently in the second-largest country in the world.
Do you intend to immigrate to Canada in 2023?
Immigration has long been used in Canada to promote economic and demographic growth and cultural diversity.
Millions of people choose to immigrate to Canada. Regardless of how they arrived in Canada, everyone contributed significantly to the Canadian economy and the growth of various industries.
Canada’s immigration has aided the country’s development. According to the proposed Canadian Immigration Plan for 2023-2025, the Canadian government establishes a goal to call:
In 2023, there will be approx 465,000 permanent residents.
In 2024, there will be 485,000 permanent residents, and in 2025, there will be 500,000 permanent residents approximately.
Routes to a Permanent Resident Visa in Canada
There are more than 80 immigration routes to Canada. The following are the major immigration programs that allow an Indian to move to Canada:
- Express Entry: Through Express Entry, you can immigrate as a skilled worker.
- Family Sponsorship: You can sponsor your relatives’ and others’ immigration applications.
- Provincial Nominees: People nominated by a province or territory can move to Canada.
- Qualified individuals from Quebec Workers: Consider moving to Quebec as a skilled worker.
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot: Immigrate to Canada’s Atlantic Region
- Caregivers: Come to Canada to care for children, the elderly, or those with medical needs.
- Start-up Visa: You can move to Canada to start a business and create jobs.
- Immigrants as self-employed in cultural or athletic activities
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot: A pilot program for applying for a permanent residency visa to assist smaller Canadian communities.
Checklist of documents for India PR to Canada
Providing the proper documentation is a critical step in Canadian immigration. The following is a list of documents that a candidate must have to relocate to Canada from India:
- ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) (Educational Credential Assessment)
- The results of the language tests (IELTS etc.)
- Documents for Education (like degrees, diplomas, or certificates)
- Documents proving one’s identity
- Evidence of funds
- Medical Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate
- Travel documents, such as a passport
- Other documents that the authority may require.
What are the fees for a Canada PR Visa in 2023?
The cost of applying for Canadian permanent Residency through the Express Entry program from India in 2023 is as follows:
Fees Paid to the Government
- CAD $850 for application processing
- Fee for Permanent Residence – CAD $515 Inclusion of Spouse or Partner – CAD $850 Inclusion of a Dependent Child – CAD $230 (per child)
Fees for other services
- The IELTS exam costs INR 15,500. (approximately)
- ECA fees are approximately INR 15,500 (CAD $230- $300).
- Police Clearance Certificate – INR 500 Medical Test Reports – INR 6000
Aside from these fees, the candidate must provide proof of funds through bank statements, fixed deposits, etc. These settlement funds demonstrate that the candidate can financially support themselves and accompanying family members while moving to Canada.
Canada’s Advantages PR Permit
Permanent residents in Canada have the following rights under Canadian law:
- The right to a dignified life with sufficient resources.
- Human rights and social benefits are available to permanent residents of Canada.
- Individuals with Permanent Resident Status in Canada may also apply for Canadian citizenship.
- On the other hand, individuals with permanent residence in Canada are not allowed to vote or apply for jobs requiring citizenship.
What is the Step-By-Step Procedure for Obtaining a Canada PR Visa from India?
To apply for PR status in Canada, you must first complete the following steps:
- Hire a reputable and good consultancy firm with a proven track record and results.
- Take the IELTS exam to determine your language proficiency.
- Pre-assessment of your candidature with the assistance of your Immigration Consultants
- Begin your application process through the Express Entry Program or the Provincial Nominee Program.
- Complete the documentation process – one must have authentic Education and work experience documents.
- Prepare your proof of funds to ensure that you will be able to survive in Canada.
- Prepare a medical checkup and a police verification record.
- Prepare to submit your Visa application.
- Prepare for your trip to Canada.