There are many important elements that are needed to run the QuickBooks company files correctly. One such element is the QuickBooks database service, which needs to function correctly to access the data files. When the server manager is not working, it can lead to QuickBooks error 6094 on your screen. QuickBooks error code 6094 can occur due to many reasons, like obstructions by 3rd party apps. This error code can be easily resolved by using the reasons and solutions provided in the article below.
If you are having difficulty understanding the solutions or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB professionals.
Main Factors leading to the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6094
If you are facing the QuickBooks error message 6094, the following common scenarios might be responsible –
- Your anti-virus or 3rd party applications are causing obstructions while trying to access the QuickBooks company file.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application is not correctly updated, or the updated files are damaged/corrupted.
- The QuickBooks database service is not running correctly, and the server manager might be inactive or missing from the system.
- Essential files, like the ND and TLG files, are damaged, corrupted, or accidentally deleted by the user.
Troubleshooting Solutions for the QuickBooks Company File Error 6094
You can reliably rectify the QuickBooks error 6094 while opening company file by using the steps provided below –
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15215
Step 1 – Fix the QuickBooks Installation Issues from the Control Panel
To easily terminate the QB error code 6094, you need to fix the installation issues in QB Desktop.
- Go to the Control Panel by accessing the Windows Start menu and hit the Programs and Features option to locate the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Select the Uninstall/ Change option but don’t continue with the uninstallation; instead, opt for the Repair option.
- Follow all the wizards appearing on the screen and complete the repair process by scanning and detecting the errors.
- After finishing this procedure, run QuickBooks and access the company file to check if the 6094 error is fixed.
Step 2 – Rename the ND and TLG Files to Mend the File Damage
Another way to fix the QuickBooks company file access issues is by renaming the ND and TLG files in the following manner –
- Go to the location where QuickBooks has saved the ND and TLG files, which is mostly the file directory. Search for the file names similar to the company file with the ND and TLG extensions, and after you locate these files, right-tap them.
- Hit the Rename option to change their names and add OLD to the file name to convert it to company_file_name.qbw.nd.old and company_file_name.qbw.tlg.old.
- Hit Enter to save the changes, and once done, close your QuickBooks application and check the status of the error 6094.
You can follow the steps provided in this article above to permanently dismiss the QuickBooks error 6094. If the error code remains unresolved, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6209