QuickBooks error 30159 is another common update error that can arise while running the application or payroll updates. This error code can prevent users from updating the payroll function or using the payroll features correctly. The error can occur due to many possible reasons, like a corrupted Windows OS or incompatible program files. If you are encountering the QuickBooks error code 30159, you can use the solutions given below to eliminate it effectively.
If you are unable to understand the steps or resolve the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our technical support team.
What are the Possible Reasons and Causes for the QuickBooks Desktop Error 30159?
QuickBooks error message 30159 can arise due to many common scenarios and factors listed below –
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation process is faulty, and the installation files might be broken, damaged, corrupted, or accidentally deleted from the system.
- Windows OS files might be corrupted or damaged, or they might have been infected with a virus infection.
- Essential QB files are not running correctly in the system, and they are missing or have been accidentally deleted by the user.
- The QuickBooks company file might be damaged, missing, or stored in a damaged folder.
- Your Windows OS version is not compatible with the QuickBooks version, which is preventing users from running the update process.
Reliable Methods to Remove the QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
QuickBooks update error 30159 can be easily resolved by following the solutions provided below –
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 1327
Solution 1 – Scan the System Files with the Windows File Checker Utility
You can dismiss the QB error code 30159 by scanning the system files for issues and fixing them with the file checker tool.
- Run your system as a Windows admin and go to the Start menu to press the Windows + R keys and access the Run window.
- Run the CMD command by typing the command in the run search box, and once the black screen appears, type “sfc/scannow” and hit Enter.
- Let the scanning process complete, and once done, reboot the system and rerun QuickBooks to check if the 30159 error code is rectified.
Solution 2 – Add the Employee Info Number to your Company File from the Account Maintenance Section
You need to add the EIN to your company file to fix the payroll issues in the following manner –
- Login to your system as an admin and click on the Choose Payroll section, followed by selecting the Use my Existing Payroll Service option and going to the Account Maintenance window.
- Click on Add File and select the Radio button that is marked as Add EIN Number, followed by hitting Next.
- Review the new information and open QuickBooks to run the payroll updates without any errors and issues.
You can effectively eliminate QuickBooks error 30159 by using the solutions provided in this article above. If the error code persists, you can call us at 1.855.738.2784 to get assistance from our team of QB experts.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 108