QuickBooks company file monitoring service, commonly known as the QBCFMonitorService, helps users to run various functions and access the company file in a multi-user environment. Issues with this service can lead to the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer issue, which can prevent users from accessing the company data. If you are getting the QBCF monitor service keeps stopping issue, you can use the solutions provided below to eliminate it easily.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or resolving the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct assistance from our team of QB professionals.
QBCF Monitor Service Stop Working: Possible Reasons and Scenarios
If you are getting the QuickBooks monitor service not responding issue, you might be experiencing the following common factors –
- QuickBooks is not correctly installed on the host PC, which is causing access issues while opening the monitor service.
- The QuickBooks database server manager is not running correctly, and the service might be inactive or missing from the host computer.
- You are trying to run an outdated or discontinued version of the database service, which is causing compatibility issues in QuickBooks.
- Windows firewall is causing an obstruction, which is preventing QuickBooks from accessing the company data on the server and workstations.
- There are Windows registry issues, and the registry files might be broken, missing, damaged, or corrupted.
Recommended to read : How to fix QuickBooks Abort Error
How to Easily Eliminate the QuickBooks Multi Monitor Mode Issues?
You can effectively address the QBCFMonitorService unable to start issue by using the solutions provided below –
Solution 1 – Set Up the Database Service by Accessing the Run Window
You need to set up the database server manager on the host PC from the run window to fix the QBCF service stopped error.
- Press the Windows + R keys and type services.msc in the run box, followed by clicking OK or Enter to run the command.
- Search for the QuickBooks DBXX service from the service list to change its Properties, and from the General tab, change the Startup Type to Automatic to edit the settings.
- Go to the Log On tab to select the Local System Account option, and from the Recovery tab, select First, Second, and Subsequent Failures from the drop-down, followed by selecting Restart the Service.
Solution 2 – Verify the Hosting Configuration on the Host PC and Other Workstations
You need to ensure that the hosting settings are correct and reconfigure them in the following manner –
- Open QuickBooks Desktop on your server PC and click the File tab to access the Utilities option, and select the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Click Yes on the confirmation screen and ensure you are activating hosting on the server PC only, followed by moving to the workstations and going to the File tab.
- Make sure that the Multi-user Hosting is not running on any workstation by selecting the Switch to Single-User Mode option to disable the hosting mode, followed by rerunning QuickBooks.
You can use the solutions provided in this blog to dismiss the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer issue. If the error message persists, you can contact us at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate help from our QB technicians.
You may read also : QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6000 832: PRECISE STEP-WISE RESOLUTIONS