QuickBooks links the user’s bank account to record transactions and to make/receive payments. The software is widely used for online banking due to its fast processes and easy-to-use interface. However, issues in the software or at the bank’s end can sometimes affect the user’s experience during online banking. QuickBooks error 108 emerges when users try to execute a banking-related task and stop them from accessing their banking data. If you also encountered this error in your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to understand the reasons it develops and the methods to rectify it.
Consult a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 to eliminate this bank error quickly.
The conditions that provoke this bank error in QuickBooks are mentioned below-
- Incorrect credentials used while signing in to the bank account in QuickBooks.
- There are new updates from the bank, and you haven’t acknowledged the messages or new notifications.
- Your bank connection in QuickBooks isn’t updated.
The methods to tackle this bank error in QuickBooks are given below-
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 301
Solution 1- Check that the credentials you entered are correct
This error mostly develops during online banking if the credentials used while signing in to the bank account are incorrect. This can happen if you recently changed the details and they aren’t updated in the software. You need to make sure the credentials are correct by following the steps given below-
- Open your web browser and visit your bank’s official website.
- Try to sign in to your account using the details you entered in QuickBooks.
- If you are able to access your account, try the next solution. If you encounter an error, click on the Forgot password option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password and use these details to sign in to your bank account in QuickBooks.
Once you have the correct credentials to your account, apply the next solution.
Solution 2- Review all new notifications on your bank account and update your bank connection in QuickBooks
This error can also create trouble if there’s a new update, message, or notification from your bank account that needs your acknowledgment. You won’t be able to access your bank account until you review all the pending notifications from your bank, which may include news about any changes, offers, or credit card-related information. Then you need to update your bank connection in QuickBooks to ensure this error doesn’t develop again. Refer to these steps-
- Access your bank account in a web browser and check all the new updates, messages, or notifications.
- Once you have reviewed them, you must download the bank file in .qbo format.
- Close the web browser and open QuickBooks Online.
- Sign in to your account and go to the Bookkeeping menu.
- Click on Transactions and select Bank Transactions in the options list.
- Tap Update.
- Once the accounts are updated, try the task that initially caused this error.
The issue will be resolved, and you can work on your bank data without any issues now.
This blog helps you understand the reasons for QuickBooks error 108, which stops you from online banking. The methods to counter this error are also provided in the blog, which we hope you’ll execute to remove the flaws from your QuickBooks.
If the error is still not resolved, consult a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Has Stopped Working