QuickBooks has been leading the category of best accounting software in the software industry. The software helps the users track the ongoing transactions in real-time, and the accumulated data can be shared via email or stored as a PDF document. The software is nearly perfect but sometimes causes problems for the users due to random issues. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error can develop while opening/saving a company file, creating a backup, or creating documents, and cause the process to terminate. If you also encountered this rare issue on your PC, read this entire blog to learn about the causes of this error and the proper methods to fix it.
You can opt for quick troubleshooting by calling 1.855.738.2784 and consulting a QB support team.
You’ll come across this unexpected issue in QuickBooks due to the following reasons-
- You have an older version of QuickBooks on your PC, which causes compatibility issues while running on QuickBooks.
- Interruption of other programs in the background processes of QuickBooks can cause the software to close unexpectedly while running.
- The windows user account you are using doesn’t have sufficient permissions to access the files in your hard drive folders.
We have listed the appropriate ways to eliminate this issue below-
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 350
Solution 1- Download the latest update available for your QuickBooks
The software can also develop this error if it hasn’t been updated for a long time. This will cause issues in the software due to low compatibility with the OS and other applications on your PC. The software update is also necessary to fix the existing glitches in the software and introduce new features. You can fix the issue by downloading the latest update for your software as given in the steps below-
- Go to the File option in your QuickBooks and click Close company.
- Tap the Help option when you see the no company window and select Update QuickBooks desktop in the options.
- Approach the Options tab, select the Mark All checkbox for the services, and click the Save option.
- Go to the Update Now tab and single-click the Reset Update checkbox to delete all the previous updates.
- Click the Get Updates option at last.
- The updates will be downloaded in the software, and if you aren’t automatically prompted to install the update, close the software and reopen it.
- Tap Install now in the dialogue box you see.
- Let the software updates install and reboot your PC.
If you face the error again while using the software, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Run the QuickBooks program as Administrator
You might face the unrecoverable error if other applications running on your PC interrupt the background processes of QuickBooks, causing it to crash unexpectedly. You can prevent this by using the software in Admin mode as directed in the steps below-
- Go to your search panel on your task bar and then type the ‘QuickBooks.’
- Right-click on the application launch icon and choose Run as Administrator.
- Retry the task that initially caused this error.
The issue will be rectified, and the software will run smoothly.
This is the end of our blog explaining why you face the QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error in the software. The countermeasures for his error are also discussed in the blog, which we hope you use to make your QuickBooks error free again.
If you have any remaining doubts about this error, speak with a QB expert at 1.855.738.2784 to sort them out.
Recommended To Resolve: How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 12157